Monday, July 03, 2006

Obligatory post on music

I do not listen to much contemporary music of any genre. I do not have an iPod or an mp3 collection. When listening to the radio, I prefer so-called "classic" rock and all that that term implies to so-called modern rock. But I'm just as likely to have NPR, sports-talk radio, classical, jazz, smooth jazz or techno/dance/trance on in my car. I got an XM radio specifically to listen to major league baseball games, but also tune in to some of their music channels. But I almost never listen to any of XM's "rock" channels.

I have a very short list of bands who I will pay money to see in concert or purchase a new release from: Killing Joke, Iron Maiden, The Cure, Type O Negative, Fear Factory and ELO (Electric Light Orchestra). There may be a few others but right now that's about the extent of it.

Someday, I'm going to start playing bass guitar again. I still have my two bass guitars and amps, but don't have time to devote to it. Yet I have time to waste telling no one in particular (and no one in general for that matter) all about it. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home